Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Carrie's First Kiss

smh.com.au
Carrie Underwood revealed some bad early love experiences in a feature she wrote for Australia's Sydney Morning Herald.

"My first kiss happened at 14. It was with a skater guy who had long hair and baggy jeans," she writes. "He didn't live in my town, and I was attracted to him because he was different from the other boys at school ... at that time he was as dangerous as I could get."

Following her first kiss, Carrie experienced her first and last heartbreak, when her college boyfriend dumped her. "My first relationship didn't last long, however, and was the first and last time I ever got dumped. It taught me a lot about myself, that I didn't like getting my heart broken and that sometimes people don't love you back."

mikefisher.ca
With Mike Fisher, Carrie has found the perfect balance of support and understanding, despite his hectic travel schedule during the NHL season.

"Mike is the most instrumental man in my career. He is the one who is there with me. He is the one who hears my songs before anybody else and the person I now make decisions with. I've never had to ask anyone...not for permission, but to make sure that it's okay if I go away for a week to sing at a festival or concert. He's the one I now turn to," Carrie continues, revealing plans to someday have a "normal" life with her family, once she has achieved her career goals.

"Right now we both love our careers and what we do, but have shared family goals for the future. I want to have a farm and be able to have wonderful friends and be a good sister [Underwood has two sisters] and a good daughter," she concludes.

Carrie is currently working on her long-awaited fourth album.

No comments:

Post a Comment