Monday, November 3, 2014

Blake Shelton On 60 Minutes


Nora O'Donnell did a terrific profile (click to watch it),

Shelton, whose new album debuted at No. 1, says the reason the music is so popular is because its listeners and artists share a bond. “It's not just our music, I think, that people feel like they can relate to. But it's us. It's the artists that they feel like they can relate to,”  he says.  “I know for me when I go home I hunt, I fish, and I plant corn, and I drive back roads.  I literally do the things that I sing about.”

For the profile, O’Donnell went on tour with Shelton, attending a concert in Little Rock, Ark., and then accompanies him to his home town of Ada, Okla.   There, Shelton drove her around to see the sights, including an apartment he once shared with his father in the lean years before he left for Nashville.  He sits down with her for a long interview on stage at the McSwain Theater in downtown Ada.  

Shelton’s current single “Neon Light” is No. 2 on the country charts and fans will also be able to catch him performing on this year’s CMA Awards, where he is up for 3 nominations including Entertainer of the Year, Male Vocalist of the Year and Single of the Year for “Mine Would Be You.”

No comments:

Post a Comment