Tuesday, November 26, 2013

USA Today on Tyler Farr: "Large and In Charge"

Farr may have first gone redneck crazy at age 7, when he found a black snake beneath a railroad tie in front of his house in Garden City, Mo., and decided to chase one of his younger sisters with it. "I was butt-naked in cowboy boots," says the country singer, now 29. "I would pester my sister until my mom beat my bottom. Then I didn't chase her with snakes no more — I moved on to other tactics."

Farr, currently on tour with Florida Georgia Line, has a gruff, raspy voice, thanks in part to bursting a blood vessel on one of his vocal cords while playing in country rapper Colt Ford's band in 2009. But once upon a time, he attended Missouri State University on a vocal performance scholarship. So if you need a country singer to lend a little twang to an aria, Farr's probably your guy. "I've had to bust it out a couple times because people just can't believe and have to hear it," he says.

 - writer Brian Mansfield (click for the whole article/review)

No comments:

Post a Comment